Tony Karrer's eLearning Blog on e-Learning Trends eLearning 2.0 Personal Learning Informal Learning eLearning Design Authoring Tools Rapid e-Learning Tools Blended e-Learning e-Learning Tools Learning Management Systems (LMS) e-Learning ROI and Metrics

Monday, February 12, 2007

Jay's Learning Mixer

I just ran across a post by Jay Cross that included his picture of sliders that represent some of the choices we have:


It's great to see something very similar to my discussion of eLearning 1.0, 1.3 and 2.0. I've been talking about this issue as an evolution of our responsibilities, but I actually prefer Jay's take on it where we have choices within any solution.

In fact, solutions we construct these days often involve multiple sets of decisions. For example, we might still do some introductory training with most switches on the left, but follow it with support for informal follow-up with all switches on the right.

1 comment:

jay said...

Tony, I should have acknowledged that the matrix you showed at ASTD TechKnowledge was a catalyst for my thinking. I'd been grappling with finding a way to describe the variables in a learning environment. In fact, I have a similar chart in my book. But your description was what kicked my mental gears back into action.

jay

I appear to have ignited a firestorm among academic bloggers.