Tony Karrer's eLearning Blog on e-Learning Trends eLearning 2.0 Personal Learning Informal Learning eLearning Design Authoring Tools Rapid e-Learning Tools Blended e-Learning e-Learning Tools Learning Management Systems (LMS) e-Learning ROI and Metrics

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

TechKnowledge 2008 Blog Coverage

My experience has been that ASTD audiences do not blog as much as other audiences such as the eLearning Guild and I commented about that in More eLearning Bloggers. However, I've noticed that there have been quite a few posts discussing experiences at ASTD TechKnowledge 2008. Here are a few:

That's actually quite a few posts.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Tony,
Thanks for the link!

Funny enough, last week when I was waiting to meet a colleague for lunch at TechKnowledge, I had an opportunity to just stand back and watch all the people. It was noticeable to me that this was an "older crowd"--most were middle-aged like myself.

So, based on your statement that more e-Learning Guild members blog, I'm just wondering if they tend to be a younger crowd.

Tony Karrer said...

Claudia - I would guess that they are slightly younger, but also tend towards more technically sophisticated. I also think that eLearningGuild tries to recruit known bloggers which would then foster people who read their blogs to come.

Or maybe not. I wonder how many people who read my blog would attend an eLearningGuild or ASTD event based on me presenting at the event or talking about it in my blog. It may reinforce other marketing they do, but doubtful it gets anyone to go. I really have no clue.